Cruising the Queen Charlotte Sound, Kenepuru Sound, Pelorus Sound, d’Urville Island and French Pass.
The vessel Affinity, cruises the beautiful Marlborough Sounds from October to April each year with various cruises ranging from four to ten nights. Suitable for individuals, couples and small groups of up to 16 people.
• Visit Motuara Island – a bird Sanctuary Island where Robins, Tuis, Pigeons, Kiwis, Kakariki and Bellbirds live. Hear the birdsong and look out for the rare South Island Saddleback as you walk along.
• Come ashore at Ship Cove and visit the site where English explorer Captain James Cook landed. Here you will find information panels and a monument to honour Captain Cook.
• Walk sections of the award winning Queen Charlotte Track.
• Visit both d’Urville Island and French Pass.
• Visit a King Shag Colony.
• Visit a Salmon & Mussel Farm and learn about these types of marine farming.
• Walk through regenerated native bush and forest.
The advantages of walking the many tracks in the sounds while living aboard Affinity is that your accommodation follows you and is there at the end of your days walk with a hot shower and your same bed / cabin. All your meals are cooked for you and if you are going ashore over the lunch period a packed lunch will be sent with you.
You don’t have to worry about your luggage as it is still in your cabin, you have no heavy packs to carry every day and no lost packs.
Experience the beauty and tranquility of the Marlborough Sounds as we leisurely cruise through the hidden bays and coves of the Sounds.
- 3 Phase Power Outlet
- Air Conditioning
- Bed Linen Provided
- Dining Tables
- Share Twin or Double
- DVD Player
- Separate Shared Bathroom
- Separate Shared Toilet
- Shower Facilities
- Tea & Coffee Supplies
- All Meals and Snacks Provided
- Great Fishing
As products/offers may change without notice please contact this business for any queries related to their compliance with New Zealand’s Health and Safety and regulatory requirements.