EcoWorld Aquarium & Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
From $69.00 to $69.00
Meet the Locals at EcoWorld Picton Aquarium
Touch a Living Fossil (Tuatara). Get close to a Penguin. Have fun discovering amazing animals that live on Middle-earth, New Zealand, “the youngest land in the world”.
* Nature * Wildlife * Heritage * Explore & Learn * Family – friendly * Affordable * FUN *
At EcoWorld we give you outstanding, intimate experiences. Our knowledgeable staff help you discover and have fun, sharing with you some of New Zealand's amazing native animals that live in our beautiful Marlborough Sounds.
“New Zealand is a “Biological Ark”. Our biodiversity (variety of all life) is more primitive than most other countries. 80% of New Zealand's native species are found nowhere else on Earth. Most of EcoWorld's animals come from the Marlborough Sounds whose nearshore rocky reefs are diverse, dynamic, capable of endless surprise, cold, murky, dark and difficult to visit. These nearshore rocky reefs provide haven for rare and endangered species which contributes to their fascination which we share with you.” - John Reuhman, Director
• Little Blue Penguins - wildlife hospital
• Tuataras - New Zealand's rare “living fossil”
• Giant Weta - Maori “God of ugly things”
• Seahorses - New Zealand pot-bellied seahorses
• Giant Squid - preserved “Monster of deep”
• Powelliphanta - giant land snails
• Fish - many species Marlborough Sounds
• Kakariki - endangered native parakeets
• Geckos, skinks, frogs, turtle refuge etc.
• Orca and Hectors Dolphin - life size models
• Touch pool, kid's space, movies, shells and more…
Lots of family fun with our 7 day pass, come back and visit your favourite animals for a whole week.
Close Up Encounters
Every day you have the opportunity to get up close with some our friendliest locals, each day is different.
Behind the Scenes at EcoWorld
Our knowledgeable staff will guide you around and take you behind the scenes to see what only staff get to see!
Aquarium and zoo displaying native creatures of New Zealand
1 Dunbar Wharf, Picton Foreshore, Picton
Phone: +64 3 573 6030 or +6421475188
Check availability & book now
As products/offers may change without notice please contact this business for any queries related to their compliance with New Zealand’s Health and Safety and regulatory requirements.