Welcome to Marlborough, the home of world-class wineries, craft breweries, gourmet food and the stunning Marlborough Sounds.
The content on this page has been designed to provide you with all the information and inspiration you need to sell the Marlborough region and our travel products.
Find out what's new, how to get here, and download useful tools such as videos, images and suggested itineraries.
Feel free to get in touch in you need itinerary assistance or further information.
Located in the centre of New Zealand, Marlborough is easily accessible by land, sea and air. Wine and food is a key attraction for visitors to Marlborough given it is home to more than 150 wineries and over 35 cellar doors, as well as great restaurants, boutique producers and amazing seafood. The Marlborough Sounds, which makes up one fifth of New Zealand’s coastline, is a playground for those seeking a relaxing escape or an adventure of a lifetime, or anything in between. The combination of what Marlborough has to offer makes it a great destination for all seasons, tastes and budgets.
Destination Marlborough is the Regional Tourism Organisation for the Marlborough region, at the North East of New Zealand's South Island. We aim to provide a high quality and consistent service to travel trade regarding the Marlborough region.
Karen Walshe Explore Marlborough Food & Wine Tours
“Marlborough has fantastic scenery and you really get to appreciate that as you’re out on your bike and in among the vineyards. It’s often fine and warm and it’s just lovely to be out there."My insider guide to Marlborough
- Feast on delicious Greenshell Mussels or New Zealand King Salmon farmed locally in the Marlborough Sounds, and match it to a glass of award winning Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc.
- Cruise, sail or kayak the 1,500km of coastline and stunning coves of the Marlborough Sounds.
- Take a wine or craft brewery tour by car, coach or bike, and enjoy a leisurely vineyard lunch.
- Visit the Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre for a visual feast of Sir Peter Jackson’s World War One aircraft and memorabilia.
- Walk or mountain bike the famous Queen Charlotte Track for one day, or four.
- Escape to a luxury lodge tucked away amongst the vineyards or overlooking the Marlborough Sounds.
- Swim or kayak down the Pelorus River in Havelock – the location of the barrel scene from Sir Peter Jackson’s latest film, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.
- Spend a day in the vibrant seaside town of Picton exploring the foreshore, art galleries, cafes and shops.
- Sample local produce from the farm gate or weekend Farmers Market.
- Experience one of Marlborough’s internationally renowned annual events – the Marlborough Wine and Food Festival, Havelock Mussel Festival, Forrest GrapeRide, Saint Clair Vineyard Half Marathon, Classic Fighters or Garden Marlborough.
Search & book
Bay of Many Coves Resort and Spa
Punga Cove Resort
Chateau Marlborough - Blenheim
Explore Marlborough Biking Wine Tours
Marlborough Tour Company
Kayaking & Rafting
Pelorus Eco Adventures
The Magic Mail Boat
Kayaking & Rafting
Cycling & Mountain Biking
Walking & Hiking
Winery Cellar Doors & Wine Tastings
Wither Hills Cellar Door & Restaurant